MINISTÈRE DE L’EDUCATION NATIONALE, DE LA FORMATION PROFESSIONNELLE, DE L’ENSEIGNEMENT SUPÉRIEUR ET DE LA RECHERCHE SCIENTIFIQUE
Ministry of National Education, Professional training, Higher Education and Scientific Research (MENFPESRS)
The Ministry of National Education, Professional training, Higher Education and Scientific Research produces and implements government policy in the area of higher education and scientific research. It provides and monitors implementation in accordance with current laws and regulations.
For the implementation of the national policy of scientific research and innovation at the level of our ministry, we have public and private universities, the national center for scientific and technical research and the direction of scientific and technical research (DRSI).
DRSI is a central direction in this Ministry. Its main role is to initiate, coordinate and follow up the following missions:
- Elaborating hte national strategy to develop scientific and technical research;
- Determining thematic priorities and research needs in terms of programs and projects;
- Implementing the required procedures and means for coordination, funding, evaluation and exploitation of scientific research results;
- Conducting surveys, assessments, expertise and investigations related to scientific research and technological development;
- Secretariat of the Inter-Ministerial Standing Committee for Scientific Research and Technological Development;
- Allocating the government’s resources aiming to support various research projects and programs defined according to national priorities;
- Suggesting laws and regulations related to scientific research;
- Promoting scientific and technical human resources;
Implementing policy to develop and disseminate the scientific culture and technical information;
- Promoting cooperation and partnerships in the field of scientific research and technological innovation on national level and within the framework of international cooperation.
Morocco created in 2005 a national contact point (NCP) within the framework of international cooperation, and to implement the scientific cooperation agreement between Morocco and the EU.
NCP Morocco acts as interface between researchers and community research activities especially with the EU, and carries out the following actions:
- To transfer information